• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (25 Viewers)

Damp walk around Strid Wood today, so much water coming down the river. No dippers but did find a flock of 20 or so mandarins just below the Strid itself and a very nice flock of between 50 &100 brambling feeding in the leaf litter just north of the Cavendish Pavilion just as you enter the Wood.

Hi Keith, when do the Pied Flys start to return to the Strid?

Dave

I may have asked this previously but did anything ever happen about an interesting sylvia / hippo seen at Flamborough on the 13th September 2008, the same day as the Great Snipe which I note has not (yet?) been accepted?

Cheers
Phil

Down at Eccup Reservoir this afternoon and I had 3 buzzards soaring above the plantation, they must be breeding in this area somewhere. Couldn't find any white wingers in the gull roost though.

Sign of Spring

A Skylark singing its head off on Rufforth airfield this morning.Lots of gulls about-but I was concentrating on the antics of our motor club members!

Not that I'm a"topper"...... but..... we had 4 Buzzards over the back garden this morning, they soared higher over the golf course and out of sight, at least 2 were "mewing". It's not the first time either, the wife saw 4 last year, in the Summer though.

Last edited:
I may have asked this previously but did anything ever happen about an interesting sylvia / hippo seen at Flamborough on the 13th September 2008, the same day as the Great Snipe which I note has not (yet?) been accepted?

Cheers
Phil

The Sylvia was thought to be an aberrant Garden Warbler by some but never fully resolved or submitted and I think the Snipe was a Common which is why it was not submitted. I found the Snipe but did not put any news out because I couldn't ID it has a great and photo's seem to confirm this.

Phil

Red Kites

The Red Kites are becoming a regular urban sight round here-they seem to range into Harrogate past the hospital and over the Stray-and often in the middle of Wetherby-Morrison's car park for a birding site---

Users who are viewing this thread

Back