• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (42 Viewers)

"Do You Want to Know a Secret"

“There once was a Waggie: Citrine,
That was spotted from Dauke’s, by the screen.
Tho’ not found to preen,
It had lemon sheen;
And by everyone else was unseen.”

It will be interesting to learn the story behind these 'lyrics' ! ! !

Rather annoying as I sat in Daukes hide for about an hour on Tue morning watching very little! It was not there then ( I checked the few Alba Wags present)

Kieran:

From a brief perusal of the RBA website, 4 seems to be the largest recent number. However, there isn’t the facility to filter out the single birds- and there are over 20 pages, before it becomes impossible to search further.

Perhaps they are able to do this internally.

I know that, 6 years ago, I looked over a marshy field in Texas, where there were over 50 !

They have had more than four together at Loch of Strathbeg in the last couple of years - don't have exact figure to hand

Gordon

“There once was a Waggie: Citrine,
That was spotted from Dauke’s, by the screen.
Tho’ not found to preen,
It had lemon sheen;
And by everyone else was unseen.”

It will be interesting to learn the story behind these 'lyrics' ! ! !

Shame that Cattle Egret didn't land......:-C

Oh wait...it did! Shame I have no car in that case!

Last edited:
Go Old Skool!!

Shame that Cattle Egret didn't land......:-C

Oh wait...it did! Shame I have no car in that case!

Hitchhike? get yourself on the main drag and your off. I find that a pair of bins round your neck and a smile within 10 miles of the coast guarantees a lift in super quick time. The coast road is even easier to hike down.

I take no responsibility for any persons found five months later in a binbag taking my advice.

Last edited:
Citrine Wagtail reported again at Cley at both 7:45 and 9:30 this morning. Also Cattle Egret at Cley village now and another at Hickling...

Hitchhike? get yourself on the main drag and your off. I find that a pair of bins round your neck and a smile within 10 miles of the coast guarantees a lift in super quick time. The coast road is even easier to hike down.

I take no responsibility for any persons found five months later in a binbag taking my advice.

I took your advice..
O.Reville....in a bin bag somewhere on Stiffkey marsh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back