• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One-touch video heads (1 Viewer)

John,

I have tried the Berlebach but remained unconvinced. Size and weight were fine and workmanship is beautiful. No problem with stability, but damping for panning was inadequate and not really adjustable. For my use which involves a lot of tracking birds in flight with a scope, this head simply did not perform nearly as well as my current Gitzo. A shame, since I was ready to shell out the required €400 for the perfect head.

Kimmo

Today the Velbon FHD61QN came into my possession and I'd like to thank the thread contributors for all your help.
Overall performance of the head seems adequate. Since the thread subject now is dated there will follow another thread with my first impressions.

//L

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back