• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendations for North Wales - Easter weekend (1 Viewer)

pstraughan

I am hoping to have a day out from Manchester, where I will be visiting, either Easter Sunday or Easter Monday. Any suggestions for North Wales please? I've been to RSPB Conwy before, which I really enjoyed.

Not fussed about which birds I might see, coastal or inland are both fine. I will be with my family, who are only marginally interested in bird watching but enjoy walking, so I might just end up with half a day. Betwys-y-Coed and Llandudno look like the sort of places I might tempt them with.

Thanks

Pat

There's a reserve at Llanfairfechan - saw my first little egret there, and RSPB South Stack on Anglesey. Can't find the name, but the Wirral/Dee estuary is also close at hand.

Try The Spinnies nature reserve near Bangor (aka Aber Ogwen NR). Anglesey is always good. Plenty to choose from Llyn Alaw, Valley Lakes, South Stack, Cemlyn, Malltraeth, etc. Each site has different species due to the variety of habitats.

If your stopping at the Dee Estuary on the way there or way back check out - www.deeestuary.co.uk.

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back