• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My biggest ever "bang for buck". (1 Viewer)

Torview

Ok, I`m feeling a bit smug today, and I apologise but,...............I just purchased a mint- ATS65HD 20-60X SOC and all original packaging from a well known auction sight for £495

I`m still gobsmacked, to me this is an amazingly low price for this scope.

Anyone on here seen this scope sell at this price before ? :king:

Great find, enjoy!

Damn you are one lucky guy!

Thanks, I know, I`v been watching other examples and they are nowhere close to what I`v paid, I`m over the moon, its all the scope I could ever want 95% of the time, and even on that rare 5% I feel it will still get the job done even if a larger scope may have done that job with more panache.

Great find, enjoy!

Thanks, I know, I`v been watching other examples and they are nowhere close to what I`v paid, I`m over the moon, its all the scope I could ever want 95% of the time, and even on that rare 5% I feel it will still get the job done even if a larger scope may have done that job with more panache.

Congrats Torview! Cracking scope and will cover any situation. Save up and get yourself (eventually) the 25-50x ep!

Congrats Torview! Cracking scope and will cover any situation. Save up and get yourself (eventually) the 25-50x ep!

Cheers Sancho, I really like the 25-50 format, the one on my RSPB 82 worked well, however I may look for the 20x sw to compliment the 20-60 first, I actually find 20x wide angle extremely satisfying on a scope especially when scanning the sea.

Cheers Sancho, I really like the 25-50 format, the one on my RSPB 82 worked well, however I may look for the 20x sw to compliment the 20-60 first, I actually find 20x wide angle extremely satisfying on a scope especially when scanning the sea.

The 30x on the ATS 65 is also brilliant. It was my first 'proper' scope 16 years ago. To be honest, I never needed anything else but got pulled in by the hype and have been through loads of scopes since. For anyone interested, there's a bloke in Ireland selling an ATM65HD with 30x and 20-60x for a ridiculously low price (though not as low as you got, Torview!) on a site called adverts.ie. I'd be tempted myself but I'd have to sell my Meopta.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back