• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Czech Republic (1 Viewer)

roper

I say hello to everyone here. I am almost beginner in the bird photography. I tried occasionally to take some bird photos, but I haven't had enough big lens for this purpose and I've got only so so result on my film cameras. Thus I've just bought a new D300 for an extension of focal lenght of my MF Nikkor 300mm f2.8 and I hope it will help me to get better result even with TC's.
Yeah, of course I know I need some other lens, but I'm a little bit on the budget now, so I can't afford an expensive long bird's lens like the 500mm or 600mm AF-I/AFS. I'm considering about purchasing either of manual focus lens like the 400mm f5.6 EDIF or more expensive, but fast the 300mm f4 AFS for flying birds shoots. For longer focal lenght I'm considering between the Nikkor ED 500mm f4 P manual focus with CPU or the cheaper Nikkor ED 600mm f5.6.
I'll appreciate any your advice and experience.
Please, sorry for my English, I hope you understood.
Thanks a lot, Ron

Hi Ron a warm welcome to the Birdforum from this part of the world...no need to be good in any language because here we speak the language of the birds.lol...welcome and hope to see some of your pictures soon.Regards.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back