• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help please. Cornwall, UK (1 Viewer)

Charter_Mage

Last edited:
Hi Charter_Mage,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

Long-tailed Tits as the others have said.

Some call them "Lottis!" (For brevity's sake!)

I used to tell my kids they were "Flying Lollipops!" ;)

Warm welcome to Bird Forum Charter_Mage!

Hi and welcome to the forum from another new member.
I just thought I would mention that it might be an idea to take the fatballs out of their nets. I have heard that some catch their claws and possibly other problems. I only started taking mine out of the nets last week, so I am a convert.
Could someone with more knowledge let us know if I am right or just listening to horror stories.
Thanks.
Matthew

Flying lollipops, now that's just TOO cruel!:-O

It delighted them, and I think it's a pretty accurate description! ;)

It's cruel when you tell your kids that the ice-cream "car" plays that music when it's run out of ice-cream though? Or Mummy has to drink lots of wine, because it makes her clever? (copyright: "Great Lies To Tell Small Kids.")

My son used to call Blue Tits "Too Blits", and now he's doing a Physics degree. :eek!:

No, Nick, you can never have enough fun in this life! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back