• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 70D and Swarovski TLS APO (1 Viewer)

heathgor

I was wondering if anyone is using the Canon 70d with the Swarovski TLS APO.
With the TLS APO being a non cpu lens, what settings are you using on your camera? Does the touch screen still allow auto focusing?
Do you have to adjust iso or shutter speed?
Any other information, such as your impression of this combination would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone is using the Canon 70d with the Swarovski TLS APO.
With the TLS APO being a non cpu lens, what settings are you using on your camera? Does the touch screen still allow auto focusing?
Do you have to adjust iso or shutter speed?
Any other information, such as your impression of this combination would be greatly appreciated.

Can't input to your specific queries as have only been thinking about trying this myself sometime (I have an ATX95 & 7D) ... don't know if you've picked up on this review from a local (for me) digiscoping expert as an example:

http://www.dannysdigiscoping.com/swarovskiatxtlsapo.htm

Chris A.

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. Yes I saw that setup Danny was using.
I guess no one is using the 70D setup. Maybe someone will see my post
and give me some needed info.

Thanks again
Gordie

I have not used this set up but cannot see how it could AF as there is not AF system in the TLS adaptor. In theory the camera should meter correctly so in an automatic mode should set shutter speed and ISO for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back