• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kite SP 80 ED and Swaro eyepieces (1 Viewer)

yves0071

France
Hi,
I read that Swaro 25-50x eyepieces fits on Kite SP 80 ED scope.
but I have been surprised that the Swaro 45x SW don't :eek!:.
Is there anybody who can detail this subtility?
Thanks in advance and best regards
Yves

yves0071,
As far as I know there is no difference in mount between the Sarovski 25x50 and the 45x eyepiece. Did you try it and found the difference?
Gijs van Ginkel

Thanks Gijs!
In fact I gave mine 45SW to a friend who owns a Kite SP 80 ED and he told me that it does not fit :(
I have not tried myself to see what is wrong.
Maybe other users faced already this problem?
Thanks anyway & best regards
Yves

yves0071,
At the time that the Kite telescope was released it had a perfectly fitting Swarovski mount, I tested a number of eyepieces on it, but if it is from a later date matters may have been changed for reasons unknown to me.
Gijs van Ginkel

Hi,
In fact it seem compatible with the SP82 and SP82 ED but not with the SP80ED :(
@Gijs: just to be sure: do you mean 80 or 82?
Regards
Yves

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back