• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit France (1 Viewer)

rosbifs

PutAin STOP
Ukraine
I have been busy (last query for a while) - chasing shadows mainly but any thoughts on these two (maybe three - three were together) - but flying bird different to photos of bird on ground which I'm pretty sure is Meadow.

All of the Meadow seen this neck of the woods not this white which is why I'm confused...Isn't it too late to be this white?

Attachments

• Meadow Pipit.JPG
    Meadow Pipit.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 73
  • meadow pip 4.JPG
    meadow pip 4.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 68
  • meadow pip 5.JPG
    meadow pip 5.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 78
  • meadow pip 6.JPG
    meadow pip 6.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 79
The birds 'we' normally get on migration here (the don't breed haute pyrenees) have buff breast and sides. The bird in flight seemed to be very white with heavy chest markings. I am comfortable now that it is a Meadow Pipit, as well as that on the ground, but wanted to rule out juv Red Throated Pipit (which had been recently seen in the area) and a bird I haven't seen previously.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back