• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

They just keep coming (1 Viewer)

Ant

North Wales birder
Today I was able to go birding a bit more localy.

I went to the horseshoe pass where the only notable siting was raven.

Then I went to Llangollen, where a group of male mallards where ganging up on an induvidual male, a dipper flew past, and a grey and pied wagtail where on some rocks. farther upstream, a lone male goosander, a lifer (3rd for the bank holiday) was diving.

Although I had my camera, I was unable to take any pics, as I had left the battery at home on charge :-C (o)< (I should really get a spare).

hi britner,
got my first swift of the year yesterday!! actually about six in all actually, better late than never.

Great report there Ant. Ravens are brilliant aren't they?

Shame about your camera battery - yes you do seem to need a spare. I know how you feel though, I left my camera at my brother's house the day I saw a Great Grey Shrike. Still miffed about that! :-C

D

Hi Ant,

Sounds like you had a good day. Shame about the camera battery, but then again sometimes not taking photos gives you more time to study the bird, instead of looking down a lens!!
Gave you more time to watch the Goosander diving aswell ;)

Well done on your 3 lifers over the weekend! :clap: :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back