• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Morning At Pennington Flash (1 Viewer)

gary jb

I Had A Great Morning At The Flash.it Started Of A Bit Drizzely But Brightened Up At About 10.30.i Got 5 Lifers...treecreeper....great Spotted Woodpecker.....black Necked Grebe....garden Warbler And Willow Tit...plus I Seen Another 38 Different Spicies

Swift.
Canada Goose.
Great Crested Grebe.
Blackbird.
Mallard.
Woodpigeon.
Coot. Reed Warbler.
Moorhen. Pheasant.
Chaffinch. Chiffchaff.
Mute Swan. Cormarant.
Magpie. Black Headed Gull.
Great Tit. Tufted Duck.
Blue Tit. Bullfinch.
Robin. Teal.
Greenfinch. Grey Heron.
Kestrel. Ruddy Duck.
Dunnock. Grey Wagtail.
Lapwing. Wren.
Black Cap Mistle Thrush.
Carrion Crow. Willow Warbler
Common Tern. House Martin.
Long Tailed Tit. Marsh Tit.

Well done Gary!

Some of the birds on your list are FAR MORE exciting than that grubby duck that so many of us have been to see there.....

Good Birding SE.

Hi Gary,

I went to Pennington myself yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't see either the Lesser Scaup or any of the Black Necked Grebes. Sounds like you had a good day.

The bunting hide was rather quiet when I visited - but popped into Pengie's Hide, which I normally don' bother with and saw a cracking male Ruddy Duck right out in the sunshine.

Little Ringed PLovers were very obvious too - I saw 7, mostly juveniles, so a good year for them.

Should be a few Green Sandpipers dropping in too - would love to get a decent photo of them but not had much luck so far.

Cheers.

Eric F

hello Eric.
i did not see any of the little ringed plovers,but i did see the lesser scaup on saturday.

Gary...........

Hi!

I was at pennington flash too a couple of weeks ago, it could have moved on, but did you see a hybrid goose there? If yes, have you any idea what its parents where?

Kajrowe

gary jb said:
I Did See The Bar Headed Goose,but I Just Thought It Was An Escapee.
Gary...........
Yep, it is! - I think Tony was wondering if it could be one of the parents of this hybrid thing that Kajrowe is asking about

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back