• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sometimes wishing does make it so (1 Viewer)

Larry, having a friend in an environmental company in Charleston, I was blessed to be quietly given a copy of all the nesting sites for the Red-cockaded in SE South Carolina. I plan on making a weekend out of searching them out come the spring.

Harry, your autumn has ended quickly and I am still waiting on mine. Wondering if that is what is holding up the arrival of my winter sparrows.

Hi KC,
Unlikely!I'm referring to the arrival of autumn vagrants in Ireland,and the general dearth of these of late(partly due to the winds not being ideal and partly due to the general lack of cloud at night of late).
I would guess that the delay in your sparrows may be due to unseasonally warm weather further north,or the birds having been diverted from their normal migratory routes,or some other factor.
Hope that you get your sparrows etc soon,and that a late blast of south-easterlies and perhaps winds from the Sahara bring us stuff like Desert and Pied Wheatears,Red-rumped Swallow,Dusky Warbler etc NEXT month!
Harry H

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back