• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

a quick one not to take up your time (1 Viewer)

wizard

i was playing with my ats 80 hd which is bril & though i would trey it with a camera up against the eye piece just for a quick shot to see how it came out.
at first there was a white diffused blur in the centre of the image so i too the camera filter off to get the lens a bit closer (holding the camera on by hand) this made the image a bit better but i found if i moved it a little the blur would sometimes go but not good enough for a tidy shot. taking a few just to see how it looked and they came out with the white blur centre. tried it with macro setting & ame results. the scope was set on 20x there was vignetting but i wasnt worried about this as it can be taken out i just wanted to soo how it looked with a few garden bird table shots. i dont plan to use a camera on a scope at this point if i did i would go all out & get a camera to suit the job not my dimage 7i which i didnt get with any intention of using with a scope, this is soley for nest shots etc.

any ideas from you pro's out there.
thanks for your help in advance

Wizard i use the same scope but with the 30x eyepiece.Occasionally i get white flare just in the bottom of the picture,i dont seem to notice this when looking through the scope but when i attach the camera (Nikon 4500 ) if the light is at the wrong angle you can see it.If i then take the camera of and then look through the scope i can just see it, I've only noticed this in my garden never on the the bird reserve.Also only seem to get this when its a cloudy day.Swarovski scopes seem to give a white light to my eyes anyway.It will be interesting to see if anybody else has noticed this

thanks for the help, i to was taking it in the garden, but from in the house looking out through the window. like you say with the camera off you cant see any white, i wonder if it would be the same if i went to the expence of getting Swarovs new adaptor ?
not too worried at the moment as i have plenty to do wityh the season just starting but if anyone can shime more light it would be interesting for us both.

thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back