• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Devil Bird's devilishly difficult quiz (1 Viewer)

Yes, well done again, you are good at this. :king: :king: , 2 points for you so far.
Here's the next one:
hard pic4 2.jpg
(also very modified, don't be fooled by some plumage markings, they are fake, though its mantle and back, tail etc isn't.) This picture reminds me of the illustrations in Bill Oddies Little Black bird Book.

Last edited:
Little Grebe, Common Scoter and Long-tailed duck are all incorrect. Its amazing what taking the centre from the bird and accidentally making its head the wrong shape in photoshop can do.
Keep guessing.

Goldeneye is correct!:king: .
Now this one hasn't been modified, it should be fairly easy.
Quiz photo number 2.jpg
And I want to do this one at the same time. There are 3 species to guess correctly, one in the first picture and two in this one:
Hardpic6 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Osprey. Just added another picture to the same post , bird 1's bill shape has changed so go by size and posture for that one.

Last edited:
Blue Tit for two... and one should be a Greenfinch on tail and bill shape - legs look too long and slim though - more Robin like

Ah seen you changed the bill - I'll go for robin

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back