Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 16th October 2017, 15:55   #151
arran

I had the occasion to compare the btx 85 and ATX side by side this very weekend with sunny weather and wanted to cheque the potential difference in contrast or brightness and I could not find any , nor in shadow , nor in sunny condition
Highly impressed with BTX performance
A few weeks ago I looked through a BTX with 65 objective , and optically just fine, but balance is not so well
Old Wednesday 18th October 2017, 17:56   #152
WimDel

I have the BTX 85 and it is every bit as sharp as my former Leica 65 25-50x. The viewing experience is not comparable though. Being able to use two eyes, the view is highly enjoyable and relaxing, like binoculars, but that's obvious. Also, it seems that there is a higher 'apparent magnification'; the brain distinguishes more details with two eyes. 30x seems like watching at 40x using only one eye. Very satisfied with this amazing scope!
Old Wednesday 1st November 2017, 08:45   #153
wildoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gijs van Ginkel View Post
wildoat, post 149,
I have tested the BTX 95 thouroughly and I did not have the experience you describe, the image was crystal clear and sharp, so there may have been something wrong with the sample you looked through.
Gijs van Ginkel
Thanks for sharing that!
I would definitely try another unit before coming to a difinitive conclusion, I love the concept and viewing comfort was really top notch!
cheers
tony
Old Wednesday 1st November 2017, 09:48   #154
peter.jones
You may say I'm a dreamer.. but I'm not the only one

I like the idea of the BTX, hell of a price! But I don't think it would work for me.. i tend to sit down, and scan, I don't know, 50 degrees either side of straight ahead. With one eye, I can look at an angle into the scope.
I'm pretty sure I'd need an extendable, extremely flexible neck to continue to look with both eyes.

it's as if a typical tripod is not designed for the BTX.. you need the pivot point to be where your spine is, if that makes sense. (or sit with tripod on a rotating base!)
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: