• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Analog of Zen-Ray 7-8x with long eye relief ? (1 Viewer)

mmx_4

hello

Who knows similar (as Zen-Ray ED 7x-8x) binocular with long eye relief, 19-20 mm ?

[ image sharp as in Zen ED, wide FOV, price not more than 400-500$]

(Eye relief of my field bino Minolta Activa 7x35 (18.5) is good for me. Eye relief of my Minolta Activa 8x42 (22mm) is more, than good for me. But sharpness of image with 8x42 is not exellent, CA is notiseable, depth of focus is smaller, than in 7x35)

Last edited:
hello

Who knows analog of Zen-Ray ED 7x-8x with long eye relief, 19-20 mm ?

[ image sharp as in Zen ED, wide FOV, price not more than 400-500$]

(Eye relief of my field bino Minolta Activa 7x35 (18.5) is good for me. Eye relief of my Minolta Activa 8x42 (22mm) is more, than good for me. But sharpness of image with 8x42 is not exellent, CA is notiseable, depth of focus is smaller, than in 7x35)

What is an analog?

In the US the term Analogue, used to describe similar properties or functions, is usually used to describe chemical or biological properties. Otherwise, it's used to describe non-digital signals and other electronic means to display numbers etc.

The Hawke Frontier ED would be an "analogue" but the eye relief is not that great.

Last edited:
In the US the term Analogue, used to describe similar properties or functions, is usually used to describe chemical or biological properties. Otherwise, it's used to describe non-digital signals and other electronic means to display numbers etc.The Hawke Frontier ED would be an analogue but the eye relief is not that great.

thanks for the clarification.

Hmm, Minox APO HG 8x43 BR - Field of View 394 feet/1000 yards, Eye Relief 19.5 mm
But price is very high. 8-(

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back