• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Michigan (1 Viewer)

Yooper

Hello BFers! My name is Tony and I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan; we are affectionately known as Yoopers. I live amongst some great birding and am busy raising four children with my wife. I don't get out as often as I'd like to nowdays, but I plan to get my oldest (9 years old) into the field as he is showing interest.
I am certainly a casual birder, but I sure do love it. My specialty is warblers, especially their songs.

Hi Yooper,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. I hope all your children show an interest in birds - it's a great hobby :t:

Hi, Tony! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

That's so great that you know the warblers by song! A friend of mine who lives "at the base of the thumb on the mitten" (as she describes the state's shape ;) ) says that it's so frustrating for her to know there are warblers on their property, but the foliage is so lush in the summertime, she rarely gets to actually see the birds.

Good on ya for instilling in your kids an appreciation and interest in the natural world. They'll be the ones who grow up being the best stewards! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back