• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

OLYMPUS SP-800 30x zoom (1 Viewer)

cameraland

Camera Land
How would you like a quick camera, with a 30x zoom, HD video, dual image stabilization, af tracking (perfect for shooting birds!) and 14 mega pixels.
The new Olympus SP800 is the answer to every birders dreams. The camera is quick, no grain and it takes GREAT photos. As an introductory special for the bird forum members we have put together a kit at a great price:
The camera, with an Olympus case, 3 year worldwide warranty, 8 gig sdhc card, lcd protector and an extra battery for only 379.99.
If you are interested call me at 212-753-5128 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
www.cameralandny.com

Please explain the phrase "no grain" in your advert.
If you're referring to image noise and this statement is accurate it would be a technological masterpiece! and Olympus would be shouting a lot louder about it.

I'm afraid I think Olympus took a major backwards step by not including an EVF in this model. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy one for birding! :C

I'm afraid I think Olympus took a major backwards step by not including an EVF in this model. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy one for birding! :C

No view finder! useless for birding then. Also its not threaded for lenses etc. Reckon its all marketing, most consumers wont think about whether it has evf or is threaded etc. they will just see the zoom and megapixels.

Olympus best move, from photography point of view was just improve the older models low light performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back