• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Broadwat gravel pits (1 Viewer)

Di Stone

Broadway gravel pits

Whilst caravanning close by, I went to check out this little reserve. A good place for spotted flycatchers as I must have had about 6 in the hour or so I mooched about.

The hide was quiet but never the less, a pleasant enough stopping off point to sit for a few minutes. Sadly, when I returned this morning, the door was wide open and the table/bench that was there yesterday was missing and could be seen outside in the water! I can't for the life of me think why anyone would want to do such a thing :C but should anyone know the contact details of the reserve managers, could they pass this on please

Last edited:
Di,

It ooks like your info is being acted upon:

"Morning Simon
Thank you for your email which I have forwarded to the Reserves Team
Kind regards

LT
Admin Assistant" and,

"Dear Simon
Thank you for your information regarding the vandalism at Broadway Gravel Pit.
I will let our volunteer reserve manager know of the problem.

HW
Reserves Team Leader"

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back