• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wax wings Barrow in Furness, Cumbria. (1 Viewer)

Bebop

Meant to post yesterday but forgot. Went for a walk to Gas Terminal nature Reserve (West Point?). Husband noticed 3bird sitting high in a tree. They were waxwings! Was able to get a good look using binoculars. Also sat on branch in same tree 1male Bull Finch and 2female. With the sun shining down on the birds the male Bull Finch's feathers were literally glowing, magical! We also saw amongst others Great Spotted Woodpecker, Gold Crest close up, long tailed tits and dozens of Curlew walking tide out. B

As another Barrovian I often walk this route, never had a Waxwing but is excellent for a wide manner of species - Did you get the waxwings (20-25) outside of the Evening Mail offices a couple of weeks ago? I popped some pics I got on my lunch break on a local fb group and within 48 hours they had a camera person out there!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back