• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iceland vacation (1 Viewer)

saw43dust

Spent some quality time in Iceland. Beautiful place to VISIT, do not think I could ever get used to 24 hours of daylight or the reverse of 24 hours of darkness. Shot over 770 pictures and have loaded up over 225 on Image station at: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?...invite&cmp=EMC-IS_other&creative=album-invite

if anyone is interested. The birds and other animals are more at the end, the first 200 are of tourist stuff.

saw

Last edited:
Hi Saw,
Enjoyed your pictures - I have also been to Iceland this year, although just for the day. It is a beautiful country and we plan to go back next year for a holiday. Your photos reminded me of the whale watching trip we went on where we saw amazing views of minke whales, white beaked dolphins and gannets!
Anna

Glad you enjoyed the trip Saw, and looks like you got saw a lot of the country during your stay. I probably saw you because the white house (where Reagan and Gorbachev met) early on in the album is right outside my office window and I see the coaches pull up outside many times a day!

The 24 hour daylight is pure magic to me (shame it's over for another year, there's real darkness for a couple hours a night now) but there's never 24 hour darkness in Iceland. The sun always rises, even in mid-December, and the Christmas lights brighten the place up. Some places don't actually see the sun for a couple of months due to the high surrounding mountains though!

E

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back