• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do domestic cats eat full grown grey squirrels ofteN? (1 Viewer)

scuba0095

For the longest time there was this huge black grey squirrel in my yard that would always be in my bird feeder. Well I also have feral cats that I Feed and I noticed the squirrel was hanging out in the spot the cats hang out. ANyways today I found a 7 inch grey squirrel tail and NO body. Did the cats eat the whole thing?

I was wondering how common this is? I thought a squirrel would be to much for most cats. Is this common? Could the tail just of been pulled off?

cant the squirrels put up a fight tho? Im shocked cats take such fiesty creatures? I can understand them taking rats but squirrels r HUGE here

Our cat once bounded in with a baby squirrel, eyes not yet open, squawking its head off. It was successfully returned whence it came.

A couple of weeks ago I nearly ran over another moggy in our road as it ran in front of the car with a squirrel in its jaws. Don't know the outcome of that one, but I hope the owners didn't have new carpets.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back