• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

best site for club-tailed dragonfly (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Hi

I'm pondering a trip for club-tailed dragonfly this weekend. Anyone any thoughts on the best site? I've been to Goring before. Please PM if you think it's appropriate, although I personally don't think there's much to worry about sharing sites. I'll be coming from Suffolk, so the nearer home the better; although I may combine it with a trip to northern Hampshire.

Cheers

Steve

Hi

I'm pondering a trip for club-tailed dragonfly this weekend. Anyone any thoughts on the best site?

... so the nearer home the better, although I may combine it with a trip to northern Hampshire.

Reasonably common on my land

...not entirely sure it is very near your home though - you would need to combine it with a Ryan flight! :)

The south bank of the Thames between Remenham and Aston, east of Henley has been recommended to me, but my only visit was not successful due to very poor weather. Park at the end of Ferry Lane, Aston, then walk west along the river bank and hope for the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back