• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crickets(I think) SWTurkey. ID help please (1 Viewer)

Atricapilla

Still Wandering
Came across these two "crickets " today,ID help appreciated.

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 49
  • unknown cricket.jpg
    unknown cricket.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 51
Orthoptera are actually surprisingly hard to ID with some cryptic species out there. You might see some of the Brits on here managing to identify species in their home country but we don't have nearly as many species as you will in Turkey.

I can confirm they're bush-crickets though (family: Tettigoniidae)

Orthoptera are actually surprisingly hard to ID with some cryptic species out there. You might see some of the Brits on here managing to identify species in their home country but we don't have nearly as many species as you will in Turkey.

I can confirm they're bush-crickets though (family: Tettigoniidae)

Thanks Bob,I will check Tettigoniidae again.I am beginning to realise how difficult some species are to identify.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back