• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Archie's poo list (1 Viewer)

I've neglected the thread, but not the list dear reader - number 42 struck this afternoon with a Steppe Grey Shrike doing it's business in Burnham Norton. Then it ejected a pellet, which is a list I must resist!

Attachments

• 2014-10-12-steppe-grey-shrike-DSC09533.jpg
    2014-10-12-steppe-grey-shrike-DSC09533.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 99
Going through some photos and what did I find?

Number 1 in an occasional series...

Attachments

• DSC00033-Edit-house-sparrow-poo.jpg
    DSC00033-Edit-house-sparrow-poo.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 90
Seen a fair few birds doing 'the dirty' (or shouldn't that be 'the clean'?) the last week or so. Unfortunately I don't keep a list so I'm already struggling to remember which ones they were - Blackbird today for sure is all I can be 100% on ...

Seen a fair few birds doing 'the dirty' (or shouldn't that be 'the clean'?) the last week or so. Unfortunately I don't keep a list so I'm already struggling to remember which ones they were - Blackbird today for sure is all I can be 100% on ...

Start that list. It will soon matter more than all the others...

Not sure if poo can be grippy and stringy at the same time, but on close examination I don't think the Devon Dusky Thrush (whose suppression and unparalleled gripworthiness led to major turmoil in the Devon birding scene) drops one. I think the illusion is created by the light on the leaf in front.

My conclusion - a turdless turdus.

Cheers
Mike

Ps cracking video

We were divebombed on Iceland in one of the Arctic Tern colonies lat summer. I got a tap on the head, my wife got the tap on the head and a full load to boot. Fortunately the Arctic Tern in question didn't have much to vacate and Heike's hood was up.

Not going to keep a list myself, no, most certainly not, but did see two male Black Redstarts full on the following day, and Cormorant today (now that is a sight to behold!)

We were divebombed on Iceland in one of the Arctic Tern colonies lat summer. I got a tap on the head, my wife got the tap on the head and a full load to boot. Fortunately the Arctic Tern in question didn't have much to vacate and Heike's hood was up.

Perhaps I should look out my cap from my stint as a warden on the Farnes and post a pic up ... ;)

Nice contribution. However, it would seem that evacuation quantity is not size specific, as this image will testify. I've seen images of massive tern ejections, so you may have got lucky!! B :)

Attachments

• DSC00036-001.jpg
    DSC00036-001.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 82
Not going to keep a list myself, no, most certainly not, but did see two male Black Redstarts full on the following day, and Cormorant today (now that is a sight to behold!)

Perhaps I should look out my cap from my stint as a warden on the Farnes and post a pic up ... ;)

That would be simply awesome.

The hat, not the Cormorant, which is already awesome. Pneumatically almost.

Seems like the list is forming...;)

New Addition

Oh yes, yesterday was a significant poo day. Secondly, I had a Starling drop such a perfect orb on my windscreen I was loathed to wash it off - but firstly I got Stonechat on my list!!

It was this specifically this little cracker, but the action shots were not forthcoming.

I have some Med Gull action shots for you soon by the way. :smoke:

Attachments

• 20150303-DSC09417.jpg
    20150303-DSC09417.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 91
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back