• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Birder Qs (1 Viewer)

GardenButterfly

:loveme:

I'm interested in outdoor activities where I can enjoy nature, and I was thinking of going somewhere I can check out the vegetation, do some yoga, and try some bird watching. I want to be able to snap a few shots of some beautiful birds, and butterflies if I can find them.

What plants do you think would encourage more beautiful birds around the area? I am studying urban affairs in school now (and starting a yoga teacher training) and want to bring urban agriculture into more schools and prisons. I always hear about bees and see people doing things to encourage their presence.

So anyway, are there any spots around Long Island or place within driving distance that you'd recommend for this time of year?? Also, what affordable equipment options have you used? (maybe something or a store that is awesome that is related to something "local")

:hippy:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back