• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding around Malaga (1 Viewer)

There is none more local than the Guadalhorce reserve. I call in every time I fly into Malaga and try to get back after a few days.

You pass it on the approach to the airport from the sea, on the starboard side. It's 5 minutes drive and 3 or 4 km from the car hire at the airport and it's a cracking place with cracking birds.

Allow yourself two or three hours here before you go to your digs. A perfect welcome to the region.

Do a search on here to find out more.

I've not been to Guadalhorce myself as I try to avoid flying into Malaga, but as barred Wobbler suggests it is the obvious place to go. Andy Patterson's blog - http://birding-the-costa.blogspot.com/ - often features the reserve and you could try looking at the link which follows my name (below)

How local is local? Are you talking of within walking distance/public transport/30 mins drive or what? If further afield I may be able to help!

I was thinking walking distance, or public transport. Don't know precisely where I will be staying yet as a friend has blagged the use of her sister's appartment for a week. Don't think we will be hiring a car either as the whole trip is being done on the cheap.
Guadalhorce sounds like a good place to start, although my friends aren't birders they are always up for a walk.
Thanks for the info.
Cheers
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back