• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wells-Next-The-Sea in Mid September??? (1 Viewer)

PaulAshton

Wells-Next-The-Sea in Mid September???

That's where an when, now what can I see?

I'll be walking along the coastal footpath most mornings in search of birds and any other critters that are about.

Any ideas what I'll see in Holkham Bay/Dunes or the salt marshes to the east.

And for day trips, I've planned Blakeney Point for the seals, can anyone recommend any other speciality trips to perhaps view marsh harriers, avocets etc?

Wrap up warm!

Paul - it'll be nice. Lucky you!

Eye out to sea, and anything might go past - Divers, Skuas, Sea Duck, Interesting Gull species..... Go to Cley. Go to Titchwell. They're easy and fun. See the earlier post on Blakeney, where I gave all the details of whom to contact re seal/bird trips (yesterday, it was). Harriers a little unlikely, I'd have thought, but possible; Avocet may be at Cley or Titchwell.

Type in things like 'Norfol Birdwatching' and ' North Norfolk Coast Birding' into Google - you'll get some good info.

Best

David

PaulAshton said:
... can anyone recommend any other speciality trips to perhaps view marsh harriers, avocets etc?

Harriers (and poss. of Cranes) at Horsey / Hickling .... Avocets at Breydon Water

if there's a bit of an easterly could be a lot of migrants around Paul. Stuff like Redstarts, Black Redstarts, Pied Flycatchers, thrushes, warblers and a good chance of something a whole lot more unusual.

Marsh Harriers and Avocets are both easily viewable at Cley and Titchwell

Paul try Titchwell early morning 7am -10am before the crowds get there should still see Harriers and Avocets with a good chance of a skua or two,high tide should be ok for divers.Could then call in at Holme should be good for migrants.Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back