• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with MA research (1 Viewer)

stezbot

Hello!

I've been searching through books and online for this info, but what I need is a list of birds common to the North East of England, specifically Teesside, the surrounding coast and the moors.

My MA is Fashion and the Environment, and my collection is to full on craftsmanship using my background, heritage and upbringing as inspiration for imagery to create something truly authentic. It's kind of also a memoir of my grandparents. Whilst my Grandad wasn't a bird-watcher, he had one of those clocks with a bird that would sing on every hour. And it's this image, along with just a general appreciation of where I was brought up, that I want to include birds somehow in my collection, as prints or embroidery. It's also I guess a symbol of transience and migration, but how we always come back home...

SO! If anyone is able to give me names of common birds, or ones that are synonymous with the region, I would be so so grateful. Or if you have any advice/tips about where I could look for this information.

And actually, as the collection and research is about story-telling and narrative through craftsmanship, and bird-watching is a craft in itself, perhaps you would like to indulge me with stories of your adventures bird-watching in the North East, or how you became interested in; anything at all.

Thanks for your time!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back