• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does old 8x30 Dialyt have phase correction? (1 Viewer)

tenex

reality-based
We have a nice 8x30 Dialyt (leather) marked "West Germany" bought in early 1989, I think. While it has T* coatings, I suspect from the view that it still lacks phase correction, which would have been a new feature at the time. Can this be determined from the serial number?

Allbinos has some good history information of most all of the Zeiss models.

So you could check there, and refer to the information and photos. The 8x30 Dialyt was
produced from 1969 until 2004. T* coatings in 1979 and P* in 1988.
Lots of photos on there, that shows some changes.

The later versions have the focuser end cap imprinted with ser.#, and the designation of T and P,
on there if so equipped.

The newer models were mostly rubber armored, not sure when the leather version was available.

I hope this helps.

Jerry

Thanks for that link! It's a neat test, and clearly showed this Dialyt isn't phase corrected. As one might expect, with a diopter dial that says T* but not P.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back