• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vixen Foresta 8x32 zwcf wide angle 7.5* anyone? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I came across this website with what purports to be a wide version of this binocular with a 7.5* fov rather than the usual 6.4*

http://www.optics-pro.com/binoculars/20/m,Vixen/pr,200-500/a,Fernglaeser.Allgemein.Serie=Foresta

I suspect that the listing is wrong as there are other errors on the website such as the wrong photo against listings and the non-wide Forestsa 8x32 zwcf is also listed as having 7.5*.

I have emailed Vixen for clarification but thought I'd run it passed you folks as well.

Any thoughts? Is there a wide version?

Best wishes
Martin

Last edited:
Martin...I have ben loking into this pair as well.by now i think i have most the Vixen model figured out!..the older models of Foresta 8x32 were roofs..with the narrow 6.4 FOV..They used to have a Foresta Porro line,that used the same body style as the Swift Audubon 820,..I used to own a 8x42.Dont remember Spec.But I dont remember never have found a 8x32 in that line..(and I look around,!).
.Now NEW 8x32 porro foresta is a whole new design,that hit then market last year,with the new ED and HD lines or roofs(two different lines the ED and the HD).And even a les expensive line of porros,the Ascott,with great specifications too(suspect that they are the same as the Ultimas DX ,since Vixen also made the Original Ultimas both for Celestron and their opwn brand)..The Ascott 8x32 has a 8 degree field of view,and the NEW Forestas Porro 8x32 has a 7.5 degrees...NOW..all these I have seen in the Vixen USA web site,BUTA...in EB@Y GERMANY they have a page with specifi8cations ans besides the 8x32,10x32,8x42 and 10x42 WIDE,they list to other models a 6x32 with an 8 degrees and a 8x32 with a 6.5 degrees ..these are listed as DACHKANT (reverse)..models..So ..(And disregard what i said before about having the Vixen models figured out!!!)
Do they also have a 6x32 and a 8x32 reverse porro???........................................................
(NOTE: I DONT THINK SO...I have,since I posted the first part of the thread,done a fast research ,and found the 6x32,in the Vixen Japan site,with photos of the Older Roof Models..this DACHKANT denomination on the ebay site,is just wrong..or my translating engine is crap..or both)

Last edited:
Hi Mayoayo,

so there is a Foresta 7.5* 8x32 porro. Nice.

I always liked the looks of the Foresta porros but I've never seen any in this country. Porros with good e/r are hard to find so I like the fact they have 20mm e/r. Good for a glasses wearer like me.

Also it's heartening to find a company improving their porros when they seem to be increasingly out of fashion.

Any idea what they're like to look through? What are they comparable too? Not Nikon SEs I expect but, if they are worth their price, they should be very good. As good as Opticron SRGAs?

Good news for porro 8x32 fans anyway.

Best wishes
Martin

Hi all,

I came across this website with what purports to be a wide version of this binocular with a 7.5* fov rather than the usual 6.4*

http://www.optics-pro.com/binoculars/20/m,Vixen/pr,200-500/a,Fernglaeser.Allgemein.Serie=Foresta

I suspect that the listing is wrong as there are other errors on the website such as the wrong photo against listings and the non-wide Forestsa 8x32 zwcf is also listed as having 7.5*.

I have emailed Vixen for clarification but thought I'd run it passed you folks as well.

Any thoughts? Is there a wide version?

Best wishes
Martin

Vixen also a Japan made 8x32 Geoma with a wider 8.3 degree fov.

I always think this binocular looks like an 8x30 !..The objectives seem smaller than 32mm....think Nikon 8x32 SE,..by comparison this bino looks more like a EII 8x30..It looks like this model uses some large prisms(or at least a huge prism housing!)making the objectives look smaller.

I always think this binocular looks like an 8x30 !..The objectives seem smaller than 32mm....think Nikon 8x32 SE,..by comparison this bino looks more like a EII 8x30..It looks like this model uses some large prisms(or at least a huge prism housing!)making the objectives look smaller.

I know what you mean, the objectives do struck me as being small.

Large prisms is generally a good sign, right?

But if it's just large housings, not good, nor bad, I guess.

I like the way they look. Kind of old school.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back