• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding2Asia tour company? (1 Viewer)

chowchilla

I'm in the process of booking a tour to Taiwan with this company.

Has anyone out there been on a tour with them? Any feedback on what they're like would be great.

Hi Chowie,

I met one of birding2asia's guides, Stijn, in the Philippines. He was a really helpful bloke, considering that I wasn't with his small group, and he was very happy to share gen (which I have a lot of respect for when it comes to bird tour guides). The times I bumped into him with his clients he was clearly keen, knowledgeable, and trying hard to get them their birds.

Not much I know, but it's something!

Hi Chowie,

I met one of birding2asia's guides, Stijn, in the Philippines. He was a really helpful bloke, considering that I wasn't with his small group, and he was very happy to share gen (which I have a lot of respect for when it comes to bird tour guides). The times I bumped into him with his clients he was clearly keen, knowledgeable, and trying hard to get them their birds.

Not much I know, but it's something!

Actually Larry that's priceless info because Stijn is meant to be leading our group! I know from reading trip reports to Taiwan that a few of the endemics are very tricky, plus with numerous recent splits the total of endemics for the island has gone from about 15 to 33! If I cleaned up on them with a knowledgeable guide plus got the BF Spoonbills and the Fairy Pitta, I'd be a very happy man.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back