• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski EL 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Vivian Darkbloom

I have heard from a reliable optics dealer in London who has the 'ear' of Swarovski, that the current batch of EL 8x32 WB bins are in fact the unannounced and unheralded new SV version.
The evidence for this is the new design carrying case, the lack of Swaroclean information on the box, and most importantly the 'whisper' direct from Swarovski that this is what they are doing currently.
Has anyone heard any thing to corroborate this information.

Seems normal to me - alot of manufactured items are "pulled ahead" as a way to exhaust inventories of prior level stock items,lots, etc.

Swarovski

Hi Ceasar
Thanks for your comment. Concerning the bigger eyepieces, could you be more specific? In what way would they be bigger?
To compete with the Nikon EDG's prices.

If they are new swarovisions you should be able to tell by the eyepieces which should be bigger.
Bob

Somehow I doubt this will turn out to be true. You can't just sneak the SV's into stock because they will be dramatically different in appearance and specs: HD glass, longer eye relief, bigger eyepieces, different housing--everything. I also doubt they will sell for the same price, although Swaro may be forced to drop the price in the future.

Hi Ceasar
Thanks for your comment. Concerning the bigger eyepieces, could you be more specific? In what way would they be bigger?

On the 8.5 x 42 and 10 x 42 it has been stated by those who have used them that the eyepieces are wider than on the old models. This is supposedly necessary for the new sharp flat field the binocular displays out to the edge of the field of view which everybody who has used them remarks about. I would think that the new swarovision 32mm models would also have this flat field and edge sharpness and a similar field of view and would require similar eyepieces.

Bob

Last edited:
Brings to mind the quote of "How do you know when a salesman is lying?"

Sounds like me they know the SV 8x32 is coming and need to clear old stock ...

Kevin:

You have it right, the SV version of the smaller Swaros. is not out yet.

Don't worry, Swaro. will be letting on to the announcement, and many sellers and buyers alike are well aware.

I am thinking Vivian, is just adding to the excitement ?

Jerry

I think someone is telling you little porkies, Vivian. Not for one minute do I believe that the Swarovski board members and or family would knowingly allow this to happen.....

When the new 32mm Swarovision binoculars do come out they will indeed be very different from the current 32mm EL's and will also come with a higher price tag. Don't expect any subtle changes and I wouldn't expect to see 32mm Swarovisons at all in 2011. I'm very anxious to see these as I think it's going to be a spectacular piece for birders. I've asked people at SONA numerous times about them and have always been told that they aren't in the works for next year. There will be additions to the Swaro line-up next year (promised I wouldn't say what) but unfortunately they won't be 32mm Swarovisions.
Cheers,
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

So from reading all of the above posts nobody really knows if there is a new swarovision comeing out. If swaro were bringing out a new bin I'd expect too see a marching band, news bulletins and all the other paraphernalia of advertising. All the cloak and dagger stuff and nods and winks doesnt seem like the right way too bring out a new bin so I say its just rumours.:smoke:

If swaro were bringing out a new bin I'd expect too see a marching band, news bulletins and all the other paraphernalia of advertising.

Yes, I wouldn't expect anything less than that when the 8x32 SV comes out. Remember when the 42mm SVs were available for preorder, you could even get cardboard ones to put under the Christmas tree or whatnot for the holiday season. Why would the roll-out of the 32mm versions be any different?

When the new 32mm Swarovision binoculars do come out they will indeed be very different from the current 32mm EL's and will also come with a higher price tag. Don't expect any subtle changes and I wouldn't expect to see 32mm Swarovisons at all in 2011. I'm very anxious to see these as I think it's going to be a spectacular piece for birders. I've asked people at SONA numerous times about them and have always been told that they aren't in the works for next year. There will be additions to the Swaro line-up next year (promised I wouldn't say what) but unfortunately they won't be 32mm Swarovisions.
Cheers,
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

More SLC-HD's would be good ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back