• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB 8x32 HD (new 2010 version) need help with strap (2 Viewers)

d.steeley

England
Hi, bought my wife a pair of these bins and we can't figure out how to fix the neoprene strap. The strap is wide, soft and slightly elasticated at the neck; at each end there is a square plastic PSPB badge then a plastic buckle and then a plastic connector which attaches to a loop of material (webbing) that is folded back on itself and stitched, forming a loop. The bins have 'eyes' on each side to accommodate the strap. As the loops are stitched we cant fit them or open them to thread them through the eyes.

Has anyone managed to find out how the strap fits?

Thanks

Dave

I think you have the quick release strap.

So take the clips out either side. The short straps are left. Take the end of this strap (not the clip end) and pass it through the binocular lugs. Then pass the clip end through the loop (on itself), that you've just put through the lugs. Pull the clip end up.

So you've looped the straps through themselves on the bin lugs.

Now squeeze the left side clip through the left side rainguard and clip the main strap on.

Voila, hopefully.

Hi both, thanks for your replies. Yes I think you are correct. I did try this method when we first got them home but the result was a bit untidy around the lugs. I've just had another go and this time passed the end of the strap upwards through the lug (towards the eyepiece) and then brought the clip end up through the loop (last time I passed the strap down through the lug). Doing it this way has produced a much neater fold in the strap around the lug and we are both pleased with the result. Thanks for the inspiration.

thanks

Dave

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back