• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yesterday at a beach in musselburgh (1 Viewer)

Krispo

Newbie Birder For Life
Hi to all!

Yesterday afternoon at musselburgh beach close to high tide. Saw 6 lifers;

30 Eiders
1 slavonian grebe
2 common scoters
20 whimbrels
1 turnstone
1 common gull

:bounce:

Kajrowe

coastal walk to lagoons

Hi again went to the lagoons today

saw another 6 lifers

15 gannets
1 goosander
1 grey plover
1 redshank
2 bar tailed godwit
2 (early returning) whooper swans

Kajrowe

today at musselbourgh

15 gannet
1 grey plover
1 redshank
2 bar tailed godwit
1 goosander
2 (early returning) whooper swans

A day well spent

kajrowe

Nice stuff... especially yesterday, kaj.

Never managed to catch up with any scoters of any type, yet!

Hi Kajrowe,
looks like you're seeing some great birds up there. If you're on holiday I hope you are having better weather than back here in the North West. It's hardly stopped raining for a week!

Des.

Wow! Well done on seeing all those birds! Also, you're only a bit younger than me and I've never seen any of those birds! Ok, perhaps the gull and swans, but other than those none!

birdman said:
Nice stuff... especially yesterday, kaj.

Never managed to catch up with any scoters of any type, yet!

I have been lucky enought to get all three possibles in the UK and interstingly enough, I got surf scoter just along the coast at Gullane Point....with a glaucous gull flying over.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back