• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone with birding tattoos? (1 Viewer)

I had 14 years away from birding (which I really regret), in those years I got well 'into' tattoos (I have even designed quite a few). I have spent roughly £2000 on getting 'inked-up', but as I got into birding only 2 odd years ago I dont have a tatt of a bird .... yet!!
I have often thought about having a bird tattoo ..... it would possibly have to be something good I've seen .... possibly the Sooty Tern or Green Heron. Also, I'm lucky enough to be able to design it myself plus I'm a good friend of the tattooist!!!
My entire back is tattooed, both my arms plus my right leg ..... running out of room!! ;)
Nice website, by the way!!

I was going to have the RSPB logo tattoed on my arm a few years ago as a charity fund raiser but the template the artist drew looked awful. Settled for the best bird
in the world - the Spurs' cockerel...

would like to have the face of a tawny owl peering out of my......

though that might be a bit too painfull,i'm tempted to get an orb spider behind my left ear!

matt

I went birding with some friends once in Joshua Tree National Park (that should warn you right there). This one girl had a big loud tattoo of "Zorro" on her arm-shoulder. You know, the dude in the mask and cape with the sword. Cailfornia when it was still a part of Mexico. In between looking at some hummer or tit I sez to her, "So why do you got a tattoo of Zoro on yer arm?"

"Zoro?"........... "It's Stevie Ray Vaughn", she blasted back. Obviously I was not in the same loop or wavelength or something. Pretty much ruined her day of birding. I thought maybe she was a big Zorro fan. As close as I get to a birding tattoo. It really looked more like a Latin sleuth than a bluezy Texan.

I have a tatoo of a wolf on my stomach the only problem is over the years ive gotten chubbier so my wolf now looks like a fat huskie. ha ha Im ..................................... serious

I can't believe I never thought of getting a bird tatoo!
I have toyed with the idea of getting a tatoo for years, but nothing has ever striked me well enough. The ones on display on your site look great. Now I shall reconsider.

Speaking of tatoos, I was just sent an email from a friendof mine, of a man who had his, well, his, I would think, most prized body parts tatooed... a dragon...I have so many so questions about the way it was done. Painfully I am sure.

Met a guy on Shetland once who had a tatoo of a Moorhen on his shoulder. It was his favourite bird apparently. It was actually a pretty good likeness!!

Does this win "most unlikely avian tatoo?"

stuart winter said:
I was going to have the RSPB logo tattoed on my arm a few years ago as a charity fund raiser but the template the artist drew looked awful. Settled for the best bird
in the world - the Spurs' cockerel...

Well, much though I like the team magpies don't do it for me birdwise.....

Frenchy said:
Met a guy on Shetland once who had a tatoo of a Moorhen on his shoulder. It was his favourite bird apparently. It was actually a pretty good likeness!!

Does this win "most unlikely avian tatoo?"

That's a great one - Moorehen is one of my Dad's favourites too. It's a highly improbable tattoo. I'd love to get a picture of that tattoo for my website...

Cool tattoos on Jules website, can anyone recommend a competent tattooist in Yorkshire who could handle this subject matter?

scodger said:
Cool tattoos on Jules website, can anyone recommend a competent tattooist in Yorkshire who could handle this subject matter?

What I did was take a picture in with me - and checked the kind of standards the guy who did mine was working at. Thery make a kind of "transfer" or stencil if you like, using the picture of your choice. Works really well....

It would be really great to have some British or European input to my site - its 100% made in USA at present.

Two of the guides that work for the superb birding company Finnature, in Finland, have excellent tattoos.....of the head of a Great Grey Owl

Can't claim to have a recognisable species, but I did lash out on a small stylised raptor a few years ago.

Sorry about the dodgy wee pic, it's the best I could do in Paint. And d'you know how hard it is to take a decent photo of your own left arm?

Attachments

• tatt.JPG
    tatt.JPG
    3.5 KB · Views: 94
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back