• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera settings (1 Viewer)

greenwell

Hi,new to this so could some one please advise on the settings i should apply on my camera,it is a nikon p5100,also does it need to be set on macro?.
I will try and upload some pictures of the set up i have made.
Thanks Chris.

My new divi set up

Well i found the old thread for this camera and have now made a attachment that i thought i would try to show.Very simple i used a canon lens adapter and then made a PTFE insert with a recess turned in it so the camera lens can zoom fully and it is a close fit over my swaro 15x56 bins.Very simple and is quick in use as vigineting is almost zero.
Few pis of the set up.P1010188.JPG

Attachments

• P1010190.JPG
    P1010190.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 67
  • P1010189.JPG
    P1010189.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010193.JPG
    P1010193.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Chris,
You should be able to get some good photos this way using the P5100.
Macro Mode is good, use Aperture Priority as you want as wide an aperture as possible and fastest shutter speed. ISO 100 gets the best results. I like to dial in -0.7 exposure to stop the whites from blowing out.
Happy digibinning.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back