• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

Thankyou Deorah & Alan .

With all the rain we have been having saw this little Juv. Jackdaw soaked and feeling sorry for itself.

Attachments

• J3.jpg
    J3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 93
The stiff necked posture of the near bird is sooo spot on Arthur (My Collared Doves haven't yet mastered the art of staying on the feeders without doing very clumsy impressions of over-sized Hummers!)

love the juvenile finches, but seriously these collared doves have got the x factor, beautiful flowing and balanced lines, no fuss, just the essential and a great success.

Good drawing of the Greenie, Arthur

Btw ... do you do these coloured drawings in the field or using photos/guides etc - they are so darn accurate!!! I have loads of trouble just getting basic shapes in, let alone plumage details to this level.

Good drawing of the Greenie, Arthur

Btw ... do you do these coloured drawings in the field or using photos/guides etc - they are so darn accurate!!! I have loads of trouble just getting basic shapes in, let alone plumage details to this level.

Hi Deborah, I draw them up when I get back and they are fresh in the head.I use any referance that will help. In the feild all Ime after is the shape or posture (Jizz) the detail can come later.But I do like to be accurate with my drawing or try to be.

Really nice greenie Arthur. Like Nick's already said, the angle is great, nice to see how it's developed from the sketch too.

Woody

Thanks for posting the sketches Arthur - I really love the life work that people post, the birds just look so dynamic and alive even with a few simple pencil lines - and as Woody says, it's great to see how they have developed into finished drawings - now the posture you've captured on that Great Tit is something else - Lovely!

Welcome back Woody, nice to be dry again.
Some Goldies waiting to come in on the feeders.
I will prob. take the top & bot left further.

Attachments

• Gf4.jpg
    Gf4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 86
Love the goldfinches- I saw some large flocks of them yesterday on the coastal cliffs. I don't suppose its unusual but I hadn't noticed so many before - maybe they were youngsters. I couldn't possibly sketch them as they were far too quick for me. I did get some photos so I'll try and do a sketch or two from those. Really excellent drawings.

Agreed the goldfinches are excellent, and let's not forget that chiffchaff, such a comfortable, well-observed shape.

Thankyou both.
Two drawn up a bit more from the Goldfinches
Must now hide the coloured pencils up and carry on getting to grips with painting, no more Finches for a while either just leave you with these two.

Attachments

• Gf4.jpg
    Gf4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Gold 1.jpg
    Gold 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Gold 2.jpg
    Gold 2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 86
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back