• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Year's Day Lifer? (2 Viewers)

McMadd

You should see the other bloke...
So...

Who else got a lifer today?

Hooded Crane, Chongming Dao, Shanghai for me

B :)

McM

Nothing as exotic as Hooded Crane but I am quite pleased with Purple Sandpiper as it was one that had eluded me for years.

Only been birding a few months so many of my lifers are rather less exotic but ticked my first Siskin today to replace the misidentified Greenfinch from September. This hot on the heels of Common Redpoll and Snipe on Sunday;-)

red-breasted goose at Farlington Marsh. I gone looking for it on Sunday 30th and it had flown somewhere else (so dipped for 2012) but luckily it came back for my new years day trip.

Not true lifers because I've seen them in other states, but Horned Lark and American Pipits were West Virginia state lifers. Both birds are rather uncommon around here.

Dave

saw 94 but not a lifer amongst them.....going to find it a little harder to track down new birds this year I think but I'm looking for ten lifers in 2013 if poss.

Only been birding a few months so many of my lifers are rather less exotic but ticked my first Siskin today to replace the misidentified Greenfinch from September. This hot on the heels of Common Redpoll and Snipe on Sunday;-)

Do you mean Common Redpoll? Lesser Redpoll is the British species, Common Redpoll is the European species which used to be known as "Mealy" Redpoll, and despite the name is a fairly scarce visitor to the UK.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back