• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lion slaughtered by "hunter" (1 Viewer)

Stake the sick f*ck out for rest of Cecil's pride to deal with....along with the corrupt scumbag who took the bribe

Would it be considered extreme to suggest breaking one of his ankles first and then letting him try to get away? Give him a "sporting chance", same as he apparently gave the lion, taking a mere 40 hours to put the poor creature out of its misery.

This makes me so angry I can hardly see straight, and if anyone listened to the prize f***wit on Jeremy Vine this lunchtime blathering on about hunters connecting to nature and the environment and the necessity for managing populations..... even the chap who hunts deer in Scotland had no truck with his argument. Thank goodness some level-headed person rang in and said they could do all that and come back with nothing but photographs.

Personally I go for the staking out option, and if anyone knows what I mean by army ants.... Now that would make a great documentary on the lines of the one done on the hippo and elephant carcasses being scavenged and decomposing. World broadcast profits to African lion conservation, of course.

John

John

<Good point.....then sell the tv rights - even I'd pay Sky to watch that!>

We could call the programme "I'm a F**kwit! Get me out of here." It could be one of a series of set challenges.
Siafu first but we give him a knife to cut himself free and then let him run to hide in long grass where the cats can hunt him. If they fail there are always crocs in the river he has to cross.

This slaughter is so sad! I wish I could put into words what I feel reading about it - but most of the above posts say exactly what I want to express. I would add my name to most of the posts if possible.

Sandra|=(|

Last edited:
Sadly the piece Dogsh*t is long gone home so the Professional (sic) Hunter and the landowner will take the rap and I will personally cheer the event.
Palmer already has form and if the US Game and Wildlife Department have any gonads at all they should arrest him and allow Zimbabwe to apply for extradition.
Dentists must know how to charge in USA if he can afford to indulge his ill gotten hobby with money that could feed an African village for a year. Ba$tard!
I hope his clients read about this and boycott his practice and his lawn gets covered in Molehills.

Turns out the 'hunter' is an American dentist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ions-killer-revealed-as-American-dentist.html

I seriously hope they charge him with poaching before throwing him in to Zimbabwe's worse prison for several years. For a rich dentist from the US that would be hell on earth.

Scroll down a bit in this story, and you'll see the great bwana posing with an (ex-) White Rhino! What the hell is going on here? What's next, the brave man and a Whooping Crane?

It seems he has the world's media outside his door now and he's had to shut down his business. Such a shame. At least this desperately inadequate little man is now getting a small taste of what it is like to be hunted.

If you search 'Walter J Palmer, a dentist from the state of Minnesota', a website is easily located where you can leave your comments.
Some choice observations already!

It's the unbelievable arrogance of people like this that gets my goat :(

And Stuart - pictures of him show that he ain't exactly little!

His website along with his Facebook page have been taken down, showing what a lilly-livered piece of chicken sh!t he really is.

I've heard there is some good big game hunting to be had in Syria, perhaps someone could drop him off in Raqqa for his next big adventure.

cheers, alan

It's the unbelievable arrogance of people like this that gets my goat :(

And Stuart - pictures of him show that he ain't exactly little!

His website along with his Facebook page have been taken down, showing what a lilly-livered piece of chicken sh!t he really is.

Pity! some of the comments gave him what for!
There is a shaming article on the Daily Mail website[and now the Daily Telegraph]
He is in the same league as the vermin who slaughter Hen Harriers in this country.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back