• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Google Chrome questions please. (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
My new laptop has windows 10.
I tried to download directions via MapQuest today and got a message to the affect...........
"OOPS.........windows 10 does not support this......you will need to download Google Chrome as your (think it said) browser"
So...........
exactly what is Google Chrome ?
Should I download it ?
Or will I then be losing something I may regret?

Hi David

Google Chrome is just another browser, in the same way that IE, Firefox, Pale Moon, Safari etc are. You won't 'lose' anything, and you can switch between it and your favoured browser at will.

Personally, I don't like Google Chrome, but used to have it as a back-up browser before I got this laptop (just haven't downloaded it yet).

It's sometimes the case that some websites work (or display) better/differently on one browser over another, which is why having access to more than one can be handy.

Yeah, what Delia said... almost. I find that web browsers are as much a personal preference as optics... Chrome is my daily browser with others in reserve as backup. YMMV

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back