• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is the virgin cable/device for?...can it sort my wifi problem out? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Following my previous post re' new laptop and poor wifi connection.

It measures approx 600mm.
It has a USB type connection at each end and on one end there is attached this device. On one side it simply has the Virgin logo and the word sync. On the other side it says.......NETGEAR wireless 11N dual band USB adaptor.

When I got Virgin to change me over to wireless the engineer...............
1) set my laptop up (easy-peasy) :)
2)I think he then gave me this short cable to plug into the desk top as it
is upstairs and (he thought) may be too far away for good wifi signal

Anyway...........the 'signal' is fine so I have never used it.
I "found it" today and wonder.............can I plug it into my new laptop to improve the wifi which is very 'hit & miss"

Following my previous post re' new laptop and poor wifi connection.

It measures approx 600mm.
It has a USB type connection at each end and on one end there is attached this device. On one side it simply has the Virgin logo and the word sync. On the other side it says.......NETGEAR wireless 11N dual band USB adaptor.

When I got Virgin to change me over to wireless the engineer...............
1) set my laptop up (easy-peasy) :)
2)I think he then gave me this short cable to plug into the desk top as it
is upstairs and (he thought) may be too far away for good wifi signal

Anyway...........the 'signal' is fine so I have never used it.
I "found it" today and wonder.............can I plug it into my new laptop to improve the wifi which is very 'hit & miss"

AFAIK this could/should speed up your connection - plug it in, press the sync button and see if it helps!

AFAIK this could/should speed up your connection - plug it in, press the sync button and see if it helps!

Thank you for that help. Tell me.............what is AFAIK ??
Strangely........yesterday.........in all that bad weather the connection was fine. I did have that cable next to me........wonder if that helped.
Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back