• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Using the crop tool in CS2 (1 Viewer)

RoyH

Hi all
Nigel Blake has recently given me a few tips one covering this subject regarding the use of Billinear Interpolation.

Nigel wrote:

To elaborate a bit on interpolation, there are different forms of interpolion to suit whether you are making the image smaller or larger, if making the image smaller the program has to take pixels away. Billinear interpolation will take them away from the right parts of the image to make it bigger, ( the method of interpolation is found in the resizing box ) in short using the wrong type of interpolation will effect whatever other processing you do to the image, particuarly sharpening.

As Nigel explained this option can be found in Image resize the default is set to Bicubic but when I change to Billinear as advised by Nigel for cropping it does not save this setting and returns back to the default after the image has been saved. Perhaps BF members or Nigel would kindly comment, I am sure this subject would be worth sharing.

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back