• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Low flying rock thrush (1 Viewer)

Jamspangle

Up the boro!
Rock thrush - seen just now on the way to our internet point - sat on an abandoned house opoosite the farm, 5 mins from the sea on the ultra flat delta - caught me by suprise. Lifer for me, which added to the unexpected Ortolan bunting yesterday - both birds only ocassional on migration here my local bird guide tells me. 2 lifers in two days, and just before i´m going back to england for a summer job, taking my Spanish list to 201 - a nice cricket score. Now where´s that roller i need?

Hurry back

If you are quick to get back, you might be lucky enough to get a white headed duck which has frequented the Saltholme pools area for the last 3 weeks-------As if you needed to.
Regards from a fellow Boro fan also in exile

Actually i´m on my way back next week as i have a job with the Cumbria Wildlife trust as a seasonal warden on Foulney Island. But it´ll be a wrench to leave - check out my post in 'Your rarities' today - add a whimbrel yesterday and a collared flycatcher today to the list on this post! 4 lifers in a week - why am i leaving?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back