• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The truth so hurts!!! (1 Viewer)

oceans

I watched a programme on tv last night on BBC 2 The Natural World it was titled The Wild Wood. It was good but it was awful too.
A rotten bird took a blue tit mum and they showed the starved babes in the nest!!!!!!!!!
Natures cruel.

How?

Anyone have any ideas as to how they filmed the Thrush getting the shell off of the snail?

The camera appears to circle around the Thrush...very clever.

Norman.

Wyattnorm said:
Anyone have any ideas as to how they filmed the Thrush getting the shell off of the snail?

Norman.

Welcome to BF Norman from another Essex member.

Yes...how?

Wyattnorm said:

Norman.
Someone said animation/computer generated.
I dont know but it was fabulous!!

Hi Oceans as all of us know that every one as to eat yes it can be rather sad at times , but yes that programme was well worth watching, the thrush breaking the snail was I think shot with a camera that takes 1000 frames in 1 min.

keep on birding.

How??

walt-m said:
Hi Oceans as all of us know that every one as to eat yes it can be rather sad at times , but yes that programme was well worth watching, the thrush breaking the snail was I think shot with a camera that takes 1000 frames in 1 min.

keep on birding.
But how did it go round and round without scaring off the Thrush? Technical things bother me!! (hmmmm....that sounds like a good signature!!)

Thrush on tele

ocean I don't know how they did not frighten the bird away, Ito am baffled
as I frighten a lot of birds off my table when shooting with my camara in the garden while practicing to take good photo's.

walt-m
Keep on Birding.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back