• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My optics for a Kinglet (1 Viewer)

KyleM

A beautiful clear morning today, not a cloud overhead, only in sight on the horizon, across a perfectly calm lake ontario. The blue water fades into white to meet the sky under the clouds in the early morning light. The moon still hangs high in the sky but the light is good.

Beginning my morning walk, what strikes me immediately is the sheer amount of bird call in the air, something a little new for the last few weeks, as it has been so quiet lately. A very welcome respite, so I set up camp and wait.

What must of been at least 30-40 foraging kinglets stay in the area for a good hour as I sit, watch, and listen to these hyper active little golden-crowned birds find their morning meal.

Wandering the rest of the park, as this was very near to my entrance, I am greeted by these shows in several other locations. It made for an excellent day.

Sounds like a wonderful day Kyle. I also watched Kinglets today for
about a half hour. I watched a pair of Ruby-crowned Kinglets.
I didn't have much time to go bird watching today, as I went to visit my
ailing father. I got to see the birds after stopping at a park on the
way home. There were several Chickadees nearby as well. :)

Chickadees are always nice to see, I enjoy how inquisitive they are. I've been stuck night shifting which has greatly affected my sept/october birding time.

Chickadees are always nice to see, I enjoy how inquisitive they are. I've been stuck night shifting which has greatly affected my sept/october birding time.

Yes, they are. I watched one in particular dangling from a pine cone.
They were all doing their chickadee calls often.

I wish I had more time for bird watching and reading/studying, but life
gets in the way and it's all been very stressful lately. Thank Athena
for those moments when I can get away for a little bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back