• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to Digi-scoping (1 Viewer)

T.Bennett

The OAP Twitcher
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me, I have bought a RICOH RR730 camera and taken a number of shots with it which I downloaded to a computer owned by a friend. However I deleted by error all the photos on my camera, and would like to download them from the computer to my camera, but do not know how to do this. I appreciate this is is a very basic question but would be appreciative of any help.

Many Thanks,

Tony Bennett

Hi Tony,

I don't quite understand why you want to download the photos to your camera again rather than copying them onto a cd, for example, and transfering them to your computer.

However, if you want to copy them to your camera you might be able to use a card reader/writer and write them to the card. I don't know what sort of memory card your camera uses.

Perhaps someone else will have a better suggestion.

Edit. Tony Bennett, eh? Don't tell me, "You left your card in San Francisco." I bet you've never had comments like that before …

Ron

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

I don't quite understand why you want to download the photos to your camera again rather than copying them onto a cd, for example, and transfering them to your computer.

However, if you want to copy them to your camera you might be able to use a card reader/writer and write them to the card. I don't know what sort of memory card your camera uses.

Perhaps someone else will have a better suggestion.

Edit. Tony Bennett, eh? Don't tell me, "You left your card in San Francisco." I bet you've never had comments like that before …

Ron

Hi Ron,

I do not have my own computer, but will follow your suggestion and download to a CD. The reason I want them on my camera is to show to relations when we visit,as there was not only Bird Photos but ones of our Great-grandchildren.
Re San Fransisco if I had a £1.00 for every comment like that over the
past 50yrs I would now be on the Times rich List, I have also made a tape of his song "I left my heart in San Franscico" and play it when people hear my name and ask me to sing it (only joking if the Music Preforming people are reading this).

Many Thanks,

Tony Bennett

I do not have my own computer, but will follow your suggestion and download to a CD. The reason I want them on my camera is to show to relations when we visit,as there was not only Bird Photos but ones of our Great-grandchildren.
Hi Tony

Is there a reason you don't want to just get prints to show to your family?

HI,

Thanks for your reply, I really would like them on the memory card of my camera so I have a permanent record and can print off a single photo if requested.

Many Thanks,

Tony Bennett

HI,

Thanks for your reply, I really would like them on the memory card of my camera so I have a permanent record and can print off a single photo if requested.

Many Thanks,

Tony Bennett

Tony, I would regard copies on CDs as far more permanent records than if they are left on your memory card. Plus it will free up the card for more photos. Photo printing places can work from CDs or they could be uploaded onto a computer later and sent for printing online.

Just a thought.

Dammit, I'm going spend the rest of the day singing to myself about "little cable cars climbing halfway to the stars".

Ron

Tony, I would regard copies on CDs as far more permanent records than if they are left on your memory card. Plus it will free up the card for more photos. Photo printing places can work from CDs or they could be uploaded onto a computer later and sent for printing online.

Just a thought.

Dammit, I'm going spend the rest of the day singing to myself about "little cable cars climbing halfway to the stars".

Ron

Hi Ron,

Have already downloaded to CD from Friends Computer and as most people have DVD's can show them. Many Thanks for your help. I wish I was in San Francisco right now instead iof Burnley.

Kind Regards

Tony Bennett

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back