• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starlings (1 Viewer)

Yeah, there's a roost building up in Castleford of about 150 birds, not many I know but a month ago there wasn't a starling to be seen.

I don't normally get big flocks of them where I live, but have noticed about 100 of them over the past week.

Aahhh, the comics of the Avian world, good numbers all year round in our garden.
They have had a very good breeding season, after 2 not so good, so great to see their numbers back up. What would our gardens be like without their antics, ok so they descend in great numbers, scoff everything in sight, and after they finnish bathing and drinking there ain't nowt left!! but hey, i still luv em.

This past breeding season I noticed an unusually large amount of Starlings throughout the central coast and coastal ranges of California. Many of them are out competing native woodpecker species for nesting/roosting cavities.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back