• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 12x50 WP2 info request. (1 Viewer)

Rodney On The Storm

Hello,

Does anyone own a set of these binoculars? How is the center and edge sharpness? How about ghosting when looking at a full Moon?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rod

Hello,

Does anyone own a set of these binoculars? How is the center and edge sharpness? How about ghosting when looking at a full Moon?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rod

Rod, i wish i could help on the 12x50! From a former owner of the 8x40 and 10x50 also the 20x60 PCF WP II. Center field sharpness is for the most part good on the ones i have owned. I never directly used them soley for astronomy though! What they lack is the w/fov. But, by design they all had fairly good edge performance though a narrow fov! Build quality was exceptional on each one. Compared to Nikon action extreme i preffered the Pentax. I would reccomend the 12x50 even though i haven't used that particular configuration. Just on my experience with all the others! Bryce...

Thanks Bryce. I think I'll give the 12x50's a try.

Great, i have actually been thinking about getting another 10x50! It would solely be a tripod bino bino for me! For the price if you get a good sample they really are hard to beat! Let us know when you get them, they have been off the radar so to speak ever since the Chinese ed revolution hit!

I have the Pentax 12.5x50 and they are nice and sharp.I dont look at much beside the moon in the sky though. The APOV is much better than all of my other Pentax.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back